We’re recruiting for a buying administrator to join our expanding team. You will be responsible for product creation and set up, as well as getting involved with our supplier database and critical path management. You will need to be organised, as well as having a good understanding of priority management. Having knowledge of buying both in the UK and worldwide is preferable, but not essential.
You will need strong communication skills to liaise clearly with key stakeholders, as well as an enthusiastic approach to multi-tasking and a desire to learn about manufacturing. As well as this, a quick-thinking mentality and a problem-solving attitude is essential. Working in a fast-moving environment you must stay calm under pressure, be adaptable and stay focused on achieving the company’s goals.
You are most likely to have experience in a similar paced background, or be looking to start a career in buying.
Working hours are to be agreed, based at our Stockport office, salary commensurate with experience.
Please send your CV, covering letter and any supporting portfolio to email@example.com quoting ref: BUYAST.
Closing date 30th September 2021.
Group Buying and Licensing Controller
To support the Senior Buyer (SB) and Group Buying and Licensing Controller (GBLC) in all aspects of the buying function.
- Raise Purchase Orders for covermounts, own brand products, subscription boxes and subscription gifts on finance PO system
- Create product skus in warehouse management system for products being sold on ecommerce site for covermounts, own brand and subscription boxes.
- Create purchase orders on warehouse management system for products arriving at warehouse.
- Maintain and regularly update all relevant systems so information/order status is readily available to other staff.
- Liaise with suppliers on orders raised and ensure deadlines are met for sample and release dates.
- Liaise with suppliers and design team to facilitate artwork proofs.
- Circulate pre-production and production samples to stake holders.
- Circulate weekly report on samples being delivered for the weeks ahead.
- Support the SB/GBLC on new product sourcing by circulating samples to the supply chain and obtaining quotes.
- Support SB on Competitor Analysis obtaining gift costs from supply chain and maintaining subscriptions.
- Any other tasks as requested by SB/Head of Product Development or other management.