Are you a highly experienced designer, with a strong creative background, and are bursting with new ideas??
Do you have experience of leading a small team of creatives and looking for a new and exciting opportunity working for a rapidly growing & innovative business with fantastic opportunities that will see your designs brought to life and sold globally on-line and in supermarkets nationwide??
If so, then look no further as this is the job for you!!!
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Creative Studio Manager you will be responsible for driving and delivering high-levels of creative output from the Product Development Design Team. This includes all covermounts, subscription kits, co-brands, own brands and packaging.
You will ensure the design team’s work is consistently eye catching, commercially effective, high quality, innovative and suitable for the target audience. Also, that it is delivered on time & in budget following agreed processes and procedures.
You will also support the team by contributing your own design projects to ensure monthly output is achieved.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the creative direction and development of the Product Design Team.
- Work with the Head of Product to allocate artwork and agree the workflow of the team to ensure maximum efficiency while maintaining quality.
- Monitor the department’s daily workflow, assign project workload and monitor deadlines and budgets. Ensure all deadlines are met.
- Work closely with the Product Manager and Covermount Manager to ensure briefs and specifications are clearly written, communicated and executed.
- Develop and share good understanding of the market, success or failure of products produced and a clear understanding of what excellence looks like. Encourage trend and competitor awareness and product innovation.
- Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to your creative teams.
- Ensure artwork created fits the brief, specification and production parameters for each product category and encourage close attention to detail in packaging and manufacturing guidelines.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other department heads and in conjunction with other stakeholders, continually look for & implement improvements to procedures.
- Work with the Head of Product, Product Manager and Covermount Manager in product development pipeline planning to ensure the company’s growth plan is met.
- Be a role model for your team; helping them understand what it takes to operate at the highest levels.
- Build a positive and affirming creative environment for people to do their best work.
- Ensure remote workers and freelancers practice good time management, regular communication and excellent housekeeping for smooth production.
- Monitor, analyse and report on team performance, productivity, time management and morale. Help to calibrate and look for areas for improvement.
- Run monthly meetings to review competitor products against our own to ensure we continually maintain market-leading standards.
- Develop the skills, knowledge and engagement of your team; identifying and implementing or outsourcing any training required.
- Mange design budgets and make recommendations.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and moving between projects as requirements change.
- Contribute to and encourage your team’s contribution to product concepts and development of bespoke new collections, brands, products and packaging.
- Work with the Head of Product to establish brand positioning, strategy and guidelines.
With that in mind the ideal candidate will already have some experience of leading a small team of creative people and must have the following skills and experience:
- At least 5 years design industry experience
- You must have a strong creative background with strong commercial design ideas
- Experience of leading and managing a small team of creatives with good understanding of what makes a great leader
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your design skills
- Highly experienced in using InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with team members, other departments and external contacts.
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce work to a consistently high standard
- Experience of working on packaging and branding design is beneficial but not essential
- Experience of working in the magazine industry is beneficial but not essential
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Permanent and full time
Monday – Thursday 9.00am to 5.30pm AND Friday 9.00am – 4.00pm.
Salary: £Attractive DOE
Benefits: 20 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays, plus Christmas closure, free car park (Rota basis), cycle to work scheme, free refreshments, modern offices, company social events, flexible work patterns including remote working (must be able to attend the office at least once per month) and auto enrolment to a company pension.
Please send relevant examples of your work or a link to your on-line portfolio and your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure that you detail how you meet the essential criteria outlined above.
PLEASE NOTE, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT A RELEVANT PORTFOLIO OF WORK BEING PROVIDED WITH YOUR CV.
CLOSING DATE IS 30 November 2020