Are you passionate about magazines, papercrafts and card making and have more ideas than you know what to do with? Are you incredibly organised and excellent at project managing, with superb attention to detail?
Do you want to work for a company with fantastic opportunities that will see your ideas brought to life and sold globally on-line and in supermarkets nationwide??
If so, then look no further as this is the job for you!!!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The business is a market leading international media group specialising in hobbyist markets serving publications, e-commerce, websites, subscription kits and products to its growing audience. This rapidly growing and innovative business is poised for further growth and as a result is seeking a dynamic person who is obsessed papercrafts, bursting with new ideas and enthusiasm and who thrives off working in a busy, deadline driven environment.
ABOUT THE JOB
The successful candidate will take on a key editorial role on some of Practical Publishing’s cardmaking titles, helping to ensure they are published on time, on budget and to the highest standards. The successful candidate will be working across Die-cutting Essentials and the company’s branded boxed kit magazines.
Role & Responsibilities
- Planning the editorial structure and content of each issue
- Managing the copy flow of projects and features, ensuring they are laid out clearly and correctly and that they are free from errors
- Developing contacts within the market, representing the magazine to the industry at trade and consumer events and attending at least one external visit per month
- Planning and commissioning magazines to a blueprint, ensuring we are offering readers the most exciting and engaging content, featuring the very best papercraft brands and designers.
- Liaising with the Managing Editor, Publisher and marketing team to develop and execute the long-term publishing strategy for the title
- Liaising with relevant staff in other departments or roles within the company (eg art, production, advertising, marketing) to support the production and commercial performance of the title
- Working with the in-house video production team to record video content and promoting the magazine on social media
- Identifying trends within the market and reacting to market conditions in a timely and appropriate way
With that in mind the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 2 x years of editorial experience is desirable
- You must have hands-on experience of papercrafts and cardmaking or magazine experience
- Knowledge of, and ability to meet, the needs of the reader
- Ideas, creativity and originality
- Experience of managing complex projects with a set deadline
- Leadership (decision-making, problem solving)
- Writing skills, and ability to spot good writing and design
- Proactive in internal relationship-building
- Proactive in external relationship-building and ability to act as magazine’s spokesperson
- Numeracy and computer literacy – using Microsoft Office
- Awareness of relevant intellectual property law – in particular, passing-off, trade mark infringement and copyright infringement
- Awareness of other law relevant to publishing – in particular, libel
Experience of working in the magazine industry would be an advantage but not essential if strong project-management skills can be demonstrated. This job is suited to somebody who has experience of working in a fast-paced working environment, who is extremely organised with attention to detail and has strong written skills and of course has a passion for papercrafts!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Permanent and full time based at the Stockport office.
Monday – Thursday 9.00am to 5.30pm AND Friday 9.00am – 4.00pm.
Salary: £Attractive & Competitive DOE
20 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays, plus Christmas closure, free car park (Rota basis), cycle to work scheme, free refreshments, modern offices, company social events, and flexible work patterns and auto enrolment company pension.
Please send your CV with a covering letter ensuring that you detail how you meet the essential criteria outlined above.
Please send it FAO Michelle Bowler to email@example.com and with EDIT1 as the subject reference.
CLOSING DATE IS 22 November 2019
DOWNLOAD THE DOCUMENTS USING LINKS BELOW: