Are you a skilled warehouse operative with experience of working in a busy e-commerce warehouse environment and looking only to work sociable hours, Monday to Friday?
Then look no further as this is your opportunity to make your mark in a highly successful and growing e-commerce business.
About the company
Practical Publishing International is a market leading international media group specialising in craft magazines, e-commerce, websites and products. This rapidly growing and innovative business is poised for further growth and as a result is seeking a hardworking Warehouse Operative who has excellent accuracy and piking and packing skills. The job role is for the e-commerce arm of the business, Craftstash, and is based at our Hazel Grove site.
About the job
The Warehouse Operative is responsible for speedy and accurate picking and packing of customer orders, working to tight deadlines and in a busy working environment. Other essential duties and responsibilities of the job role are as follows:
- In-bound planning and processing of purchase orders
- Review key performance indicators in order to maintain performance and identify issues
- Allocation of products to defined locations
- Preparing pick waves in accordance with the agreed hierarchy
- Sortation of consolidated picking and the packing of customer orders
- Dispatch of orders and preparation of carrier manifests
- Replenishment of stock from bulk to forward locations
- Manual stock handling case quantities and pallets
- Stock adjustments and investigating reasons for variations
- Assisting with stock taking, cycle counting accurately and matching physical stock to booked stock
- House Keeping – essential part of daily routines
- Physical demands of handling of stock in accordance with H&S guidelines
The ideal candidate will be a person with some experience of working in a similar e-commerce warehouse/office environment.
With that in mind the ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Excellent verbal communication
- Computer skills
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
- Be able to meet individual and team KPI’s
- Attention to safety in the workplace
- Ability to work under pressure and respond positively
- Confident in the use of systems which support the business
- Communicate effectively with colleagues & customers
- Review of standard operating procedures
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
Terms and Condititions
Permanent & full time based on 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Salary: £Attractive DOE
Benefits: No unsociable hours, attractive annual holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays, free car park, cycle to work scheme, free refreshments, active company social events and auto enrolment to the company pension.
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter, ensuring that you detail how you meet the essential criteria outlined above.